logo.jpg (6710 bytes)

     title.jpg (26299 bytes)

titlegraphic.jpg (20184 bytes)


About the Consulate General

List of Services
Business Opportunities
Tourism Information
The Philippines at a Glance
Frequently Asked Questions
Download Consular Forms
Related Links

Frequently Asked Questions




I have a legal document (e.g., power of attorney, deed of sale) to be sent to the Philippines. How do I have this acknowledged or authenticated?

Legal documents for use in the Philippines must be acknowledged before a Consular Officer. Those appearing in person are requested to bring a proof of identity such as driver's license, state ID or passport. (Applicants should submit the original document, a photocopy of the document and photocopy of the proof of identity)

The notarial fee is $25.00 per document.   

click here for guidelines and procedure


Download sample Special Power of Attorney  |  <<  Back to top

Can I acquire real property in the Philippines even if I am already a naturalized American citizen?

Any natural-born citizen who has lost his Philippine citizenship may acquire a private land up to a maximum area of five thousand (5,000) square meters in the case of urban land or three (3) hectares in the case of rural land to be used by him/her for business or other purposes. In the case of married couples, one of them may avail of the privilege herein granted (please see Republic. Act 8179, Sec 10).   (click here for more information  >>)

<<  Back to top

I would like to donate certain items (books, computers, medicine, etc.) to a beneficiary in the Philippines. Can said items be extended duty-free entry status and be brought into the Philippines without paying customs duties and taxes?

Food, medicine and other relief goods, books and educational materials, essential machineries/equipment, consumer goods and other articles may be granted duty-free entry by the Department of Finance and the Bureau of Customs, upon the recommendation of the Department of Social Work and Development or other concerned agency. Prospective donors can seek assistance from the

          Commission on Filipinos Overseas
          1345 Citigold Center, Quirino Avenue
          cor. South Superhighway, Manila
          Tel # (632) 562.3852
          Fax # 011.632.561.8332
          E-mail cfodfa@info.com.ph  

(click here for guidelines and procedure  >>)

<<  Back to top




       2000   Consulate General of the Philippines-Chicago