logo.jpg (6710 bytes)

     title.jpg (26299 bytes)

titlegraphic.jpg (20184 bytes)


About the Consulate General
List of Services
Business Opportunities
Tourism Information
The Philippines at a Glance
Frequently Asked Questions
Download Consular Forms
Related Links



Frequently Asked Questions





The Philippine Consulate General in Chicago would like to inform the public of the current procedure/requirements for the issuance of the Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG) for non-Filipinos traveling to the Philippines who are below fifteen (15) years of age, and are neither accompanied by or not coming to join a parent in the Philippines.

The following documents must be submitted to immigration authorities upon arrival at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) or other international ports of entry:

1.   Affidavit of Request and Consent by either parent or legally appointed guardian of the child, naming therein the person who will be accompanying the child to the Philippines and with whom the child will stay while in the country.   The said Affidavit must be notarized by a local Notary Public or the consular officer at the Embassy/Consulate;

            2.   Clear photocopy of the data page of the child’s passport;

            3.   Clear photocopy of the data page of the accompanying adult or guardian;                   and

4.   Payment of immigration fees currently P3,120.00 (three thousand and one hundred twenty) Philippine pesos per child.

 The public is further advised to take note of the following:

a.    the issuance of the WEG Order is subject to the approval of the Commissioner of Immigration and all those who will be granted the WEG shall pay the corresponding fee upon arrival at the port of entry;

             b.   the submission of the complete documents (items 1-3) is not a substitute  for the payment of the WEG fee; and

             c.   what is being applied for at the Embassy/Consulate is the legalization of    the affidavit of request and consent and that the payment made at the         Consulate is the legalization fee, not the WEG fee.

 The payment of the WEG fee and the issuance of the WEG Order are both done at the port of entry in the Philippines.   If the minor applicant is going to stay beyond 21 days, an appropriate Philippine visa must be applied for at the Embassy/Consulate.   This shall, however, not apply to foreign minors falling under FSC 446-01 who shall apply for a visa regardless of length of stay.


<<  Back to FAQ List




©  2000   Consulate General of the Philippines-Chicago