Consular Processing: Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM

Report of Marriage

Reporting the Marriage of a Filipino national abroad is the recording of such vital event with the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) through the Consulate.

The Consulate General only accepts Marriage Certificates issued by the following States: ILLINOIS, INDIANA, IOWA, KANSAS, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MISSOURI, NEBRASKA, NORTH DAKOTA, OHIO, SOUTH DAKOTA AND WISCONSIN. Send the complete requirements only by mail. No walk-ins.
Incomplete requirements will not be processed and will be returned to the sender. Additional requirements may be requested.

Downloadable Forms

Report of Marriage
Affidavit of Delayed Registration

For related concerns,
please inquire via the email address:


  • 1. Letter-request signed by the Party/ies. Please indicate your contact details (mobile no. and email address).
  • 2. Four (4) originals of duly-accomplished REPORT OF MARRIAGE (ROM) forms (Please print annotated/filled out PDF form – not handwritten), signed by the party/ies and notarized by a local notary.
  • 3. One (1) original and four (4) photocopies of the Marriage Certificate from the County Clerk’s office (original will be returned)
  • 4. Four (4) photocopies of each both spouses' passports
  • 5. Four (4) photocopies of a proof of Philippine citizenship of both/either spouse, as appropriate, at the time of the wedding, such as permanent residency, valid visa, work permit, dual citizenship certificate, or US Naturalization Certificate if they are now American citizens
  • 6. Four (4) photocopies each of both spouses’ Birth Certificates
  • 7. For dual citizens, four (4) photocopies of the Identification Certificate, if the wedding occurred prior to the re-acquisition of Philippine citizenship
  • 8. Additional requirements in cases of divorce, annulment or death of a former spouse, and if ROM is filed more than a year after the wedding (Please see below)

  • Send the above-mentioned requirements by mail to the Philippine Consulate General with address at 122 S Michigan Ave, Suite 1600, Chicago, IL 60603. No walk-ins. Include a self-addressed return envelope (with appropriate stamps for express or priority mail with tracking numbers via US Postal Service, or with pre-paid mailing envelope from a private courier of choice [except FedEx]), and a non-refundable processing fee of $25.00 (money order or cashier’s check payable to “Philippine Consulate General"). Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted.
    If a previous marriage in the Philippines was annulled:
  • 1. One (1) original and four (4) photocopies of the PSA-issued Annotated Marriage Contract (original will be returned)

  • If divorced from a previous spouse:
  • 1. For a Filipino spouse, one (1) original and four (4) photocopies of the authenticated Judicial Recognition of Divorce issued by a Philippine court and four (4) photocopies of the Marriage Certificate (original will be returned)
  • 2. For a foreign spouse, four (4) photocopies of the divorce document and of the Marriage Certificate

  • If a spouse is a widow/widower:
  • 1. Four (4) photocopies of both the Marriage Certificate (or PSA-issued Marriage Contract if married in the Philippines) and the Death Certificate (or PSA-issued Death Certificate if recorded in the Philippines) of the deceased spouse
  • 1. One (1) original and three (3) photocopies of the Affidavit of Delayed Registration executed by the Informant (notarized by a local notary) explaining the reason/s for the delayed registration