A travel document is an identification document issued in lieu of a passport and valid for one-way, direct travel to the Philippines. It may not be used for travelling to other destinations. A travel document is issued to a Filipino citizen who needs to urgently travel home at the time of an emergency.
The Consulate General only accepts applications for Travel Document from Filipinos based in the following States: ILLINOIS, INDIANA, IOWA, KANSAS, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MISSOURI, NEBRASKA, NORTH DAKOTA, OHIO, SOUTH DAKOTA AND WISCONSIN
. Send the complete requirements only by mail. No walk-ins
. Incomplete requirements will not be processed and will be returned to the sender. Additional requirements may be requested.
REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURE
1. Duly accomplished Travel Document Application form, filled-out PDF or handwritten in black or blue ink. Indicate contact details: mobile number and email address. Parents should accomplish the form for minors.
2. Notarized Affidavit on Travel Document Application
3. Original Philippine passport (and photocopy of data page). If lost passport, submit the following:
4. Four (4) identical colored photos (2x2") with plain white background taken within the last six (6) months printed in photo paper. The photo must show applicant in proper attire without eyeglasses. Blurred or low quality photos will not be accepted.
5. Photocopy of green card or US visa
6. Original notarized Affidavit of Consent executed by both parents (for minors)
7. Copy of airline ticket/itinerary of travel to the Philippines. The date of travel should not be beyond one (1) month from the date of application. (NOTE: Before purchasing an air ticket, check with the airline if they will honor the Travel Document in lieu of a passport)
- • Original and photocopy of PSA-issued Birth Certificate/ Report of Birth
- • Original and photocopy of PSA-issued Marriage Contract/ Report of Marriage (for married women using their husbands’ last name)
- • Notarized Affidavit of Loss
- • Police Report (if the lost passport is still valid)
- • Photocopy of a valid ID (State ID, Driver’s license, School or Work ID)
Send the above-mentioned requirements by mail to the Philippine Consulate General with address at 122 S Michigan Ave, Suite 1600, Chicago, IL 60603. No walk-ins
. Include a self-addressed return envelope (with appropriate stamps for express or priority mail with tracking numbers via US Postal Service, or with pre-paid mailing envelope from a private courier of choice [except FedEx]
), and a non-refundable processing fee of $30.00
(money order or cashier’s check payable to “Philippine Consulate General"). Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted.